Critical Process Died – Error is the most irritating thing for the Windows 10 users. And if we talk about the error Blue Screen Of Death (BSoD) then this is the very bad experience for the Windows 10 users. The BSoD will make your computer screen in blue color and restart your computer again and again. In the Blue Screen Of Death the PC stuck on the Restart Loop. So, in this article, we are going to discuss about the BSOD error which usually faced by Windows 10 users. So, I will explain to you how to Fix this error in 5 ways.
- Windows Modules Installer Worker- How To Fix It?
- FIX WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage Easily
- How To Fix Windows Update Stuck or Not Working
What is “Critical Process Died” the error in Windows 10?
The Critical Process died or the Blue Screen of Death is the most frustrating error for the Windows 10 users. This error is also faced by the Windows 7/8/8.1 users also. If you are using too old window then you can follow this guide and fix the problem.
The Critical Process Death Error is the error which comes with the code 0x000000EF. This error code shows that there is the Critical Error was caused on your computer. This error is much critical and it can damage your computer Hard Drive or May erase your computer data. This error turns your computer screen into blue and starts restarting your computer. If this problem you are facing only once and after that, your PC starts working properly then there is no need to worry more about it. But, if this error you are facing multiple time then you have to fix it soon by using the following ways.
Why This Error Occurs In Windows 10?
This error occurs due to any file which is missing or corrupted with virus or malware or Corruption in your computer memory. But, you do not need to worry about it. Just fix this issue by using the ways which we have discussed below.
How to Fix Critical Error Death in Windows 10?
There are many solutions are available to fix this error. But, in this article, I will show only Top 5 solutions which are mostly used by peoples and get success to fix it. Just follow the steps there are no special skills required.
1) Scan for virus/malware
The Virus and Malware Is also the cause for Critical Process Death in Windows 10. You can check it by the inbuilt Defender software to scan and clear threats. Just follow the below instructions.
1) Click on Start button and here type Defender and Double click on Windows Defender to launch the program.
2) Now, click on the Shield icon which you will get on the left side.
3) Now click on the Advanced Scan option in the new window.
4) Here tick on the Full Scan option and then click on Scan Now for launching the system for malware scan.
5) After all just Restart your computer. This solution will fix the error of your computer have a virus or malware.
2) Run chkdsk
The Disk may also cause the Critical Process Died Error. Just follow the below steps:-
1) So, first press the Windows Key + X key both keys together for accessing the Power User Menu. Now, select the Command Prompt admin from it.
2) Now, here in the Command Prompt just type chkdsk C: /f and then press Enter. Now, replace the letter C from your drive.
Note:- If you don’t use the /f with chkdsk then it won’t fix the error.
3) Now, wait for sometimes for the process and then restart your computer. The Error will be fixed if it is caused by Disk.
3) Uninstall updates
Most of the times the Windows 10 update may also cause this error. Just follow the below steps to fix it.
1) Go to Search and here find Window Update and then just click on Windows Update History button.
2) Now just click on the Uninstall Button.
3) Now, next just choose the update which you want to delete and then click on Uninstall.
4) Run sfc/scannow
The corrupt or the missing files also cause this error. Just follow the below steps to fix by this method.
1) Just press the Window key + X key both the keys together for accessing the Power user menu and then select Command Prompt.
2) Now, in the command prompt window just type sfc /scannow and then press enter.
3) Now, just wait for the process and after that just restart your computer.
5) Run DISM
1) Now, here also just press the Windows key + X key both the keys together and then click on Command Prompt.
2) Now, in the Command Prompt Window just type these commands.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Now, after that just wait for the process and after that just Restart your computer.