Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR – Hello Everyone, We come back with a new interesting tutorial Where You can fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Today We talk about How to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. If You are using Chrome Browser On Your Smartphone and You are facing ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR then here we have the best guide to Solve this issue.
Google Chrome is one of the best browser Compare to Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is the default browser for many people, But it’s not completely Secure to use. During Browsing Different website, We are facing ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. This is a very common mistake of Google Chrome that has surfaced from users around the world. The Error code err_spdy_protocol_error may be difficult, but it can be resolved quickly. There are various methods to fix this kind of err_spdy_protocol_error chrome system error. So Let’s Check out below methods to solve this error.
- 1 What Is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
- 1.1 What Causes ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
- 1.2 How to Fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
- 1.3 Method – 1 Flush Socket Method
- 1.4 Method – 2 Flush DNS Cache from System
- 1.5 Method – 3 Clear Cookies and Cache from the System
- 1.6 Method – 4 Update your Google Chrome Browser
- 1.7 Method – 5 Use the Incognito Mode of Chrome
- 1.8 Method – 6 Check Firewall and Antivirus Setting
- 1.9 Final Words
What Is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
When You are using Google Chrome On Your Windows PC or Laptop and That’s Time You are surfing your favourite websites like Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, Wikipedia or Tumblr, instead of the web page, you get an error like err_spdy_protocol_error. Depending on the site you are on, you may have an error in error such as err_spdy_protocol_error Facebook or err_spdy_protocol_error chrome. So That’s Time You are finding best guide to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. So Let’s See below methods to fix this error.
What Causes ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
The Chrome SPDY protocol error associates mainly with the HTTP enabled websites. There are some reasons which give rise to such error.
- Outdated Google Chrome Browser.
- Antivirus Blocking
- Firewall Blocking
How to Fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
The Err_spdy_protocol_error is caused by network issues and thus easily resolves. You can fix the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome permanently, So Follow Simple Steps. Now before recovering this kind of error, you can go deeper in different ways, try this simple method to clean the cache. This is a proven method which works mostly and solves the problem, thus preventing a messy situation from creating. But if it does not help, then you have to try any of the given methods to fix chrome err_spdy_protocol_error.
Method – 1 Flush Socket Method
Here We Share the First method to Fix Google Chrome ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. So Let’s See below for the full guide.
1) First Open the Browser and enter this URL in the address box – “chrome://net-internals/#sockets”
2) Now click on the Arrow present at the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down list click on “Flush Sockets.”
3) Now Back to the web page you were trying to load. If it’s working correctly, then the err_spdy_protocol_error is fixed.
4) If Still not working Then enter the given URL in the address box – chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active
5) Click on “Flush Socket Pools” and again Visit to the website to check if it is working properly.
Method – 2 Flush DNS Cache from System
If Above Method doesn’t work then try this another method ‘Flush DNS Cache from System’. If you still facing ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Then check out below method to fix this issue.
1) If You are using Windows PC, Then open the Command Prompt, but in the case of Linux OS, open Terminal.
2) Now type the following command in the Command Prompt window or Terminal.
3) Enter the given commands and press Enter after every command.
4) If You are windows Users then Follow below command:
- Ipconfig/ flush DNS
- Ipconfig/ renew
1) For Linux Users:
- nscd -I hosts
2) For Mac Users:
- dscacheuti –flushcache; sudo killal –HUPmDNSResponder
5) These commands will help you to flush the DNS cache. Now try Visit the website showing the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome error code.
Method – 3 Clear Cookies and Cache from the System
Now We talk about Another method to solve this issue. Sometimes This Error may occur due to security problems, and in this way you can try this method of clearing all the cache and cookies from the system. This is the easiest way to help you fix err_spdy_protocol_error permanently. So Let’s Check out below method steps:
- First Go to Browser Setting and click on the History tab.
- Now click on the Clear browsing Data option.
- A pop-up box will be displayed. Check the boxes for the two options- “Cached Images and Files,” “Cookies and Other site and plug-in data.”
- Make sure that the other checkboxes are not selected.
- Set “Obliterate the following items” option to “the beginning of time.”
- Now click on Clear browsing data option.
Note – Don’t Tick First Option Browsing History Data.
Method – 4 Update your Google Chrome Browser
This web page is not available for a reason, or err_spdy_protocol_error is that you are using the old version of Google Chrome. As we said earlier, Google no longer supports SPDI protocol and therefore this error may be due to the existence of the SPDI protocol in the Google Chrome version that you are using. Therefore, it is recommended that if you want to get the right results, then download the updated version of the favorite browser of your time. You can download latest version of Google Chrome From below link.
Read More – Best Survey Bypass Tools/Extension 2018
Method – 5 Use the Incognito Mode of Chrome
We have Another easy solution that you can try to open the website in Incognito mode. People who do not know how to use Google Chrome’s incognito mode, So Follow below steps:
1) First Open the Google Chrome Browser
2) Click On Menu
3) Open the New Incognito Window.
You can also open incognito mode using Shortcut key – Ctrl+ Shift+ N
Method – 6 Check Firewall and Antivirus Setting
You can also Face this error due to Blocking firewalls and Installed antivirus on your computer. Thus it is recommended that you first check whether the firewall is blocking or not. In addition, users with Avast Security software have to face this issue with some websites. And you can solve the problem after adding sites blocked by err_spdy_protocol_error for web shield exclusion of antivirus software. Check out below few steps for solve this issue.
- Navigate to the Settings option in the Avast Security software of your system.
- In the active protection tab, click on Customize Web Shield Protection.
- Now add the required websites to this section separately.
If You are using Avast or any other antivirus security software then You can try this method. But when adding the sites, make sure the URL is correct Otherwise, the problem is not resolved. You can also use disabling the HTTPS Scanning after opening Avast Web Shield. Click on Main Setting and click on the check box beside Enable HTTPS Scanning.
Now You have many methods to solve this issue. You can try one by one to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Also, if none of the above methods helps, then you can try uninstalling and then reinstall the web browser. So If You like this article then Share with your friends and family memebr on Social Media.