It is necessary to update Windows regularly as it improves overall performance and security of the entire system. With the help of auto-updater, Windows usually downloads and installs the latest updates, but sometimes Windows gets stuck in the configuration problem with the error message. “Revert changes, fail to configure Windows updates, and do not close your computer.” So, if you are also facing a “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” error issue and worried about this. Then after reading this article, you will get information on how to fix this error.
- How To Fix Critical Process Died in Windows 10 [5 Methods]
- Windows Modules Installer Worker- How To Fix It?
- FIX WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage Easily
About Failure Configuring Windows Updates Error
Time to time Updating for any Windows or any other operating system is a necessary action since it helps you to assure the development and repair of the overall system. But sometimes due to an error, updating the system can be very difficult and annoying. Appears as an error message on your computer screen with “blue screen”: Failure to configure Windows updates, do not close your computer, return the changes “. Your PC gets trapped on the same screen for hours.
You may also be tempted to face other errors with this. But do not tension you because these errors can be easily corrected using the methods presented in the following sections. This error is primarily in older and newer versions of Windows. So, please read the blow section to Fix “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” Error.
Methods to Fix “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” Error
Here we will Provide you 4 different methods that allow you to resolve the issue of failure to configure a Windows Update error. For this you have to follow all the steps of the four methods below, step by step. After this, at the end of every method, you will have to wait until the system returns and starts. However it may take several hours. But in the end your “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” error issue will be fixed.
1.Clear Windows Update Cache
Failure of faulty or corrupt files can cause of error in “Configuring Windows updates. To fix this error, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R key simultaneously and trigger the Run dialog box.
- Now type services.msc in it and press Enter tab.
- Search the “Windows Update” option from the list of services and press the double-click on it.
- To stop this service, click Stop and OK button.
- Now, you need to go back to the list of services again.
- After this, find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service option, press double-click on that and then stop it the same way.
- Now, you have to minimize the service window.
- Now you have to open Windows File Explorer and for that, you have to press the Windows logo key + E key together.
- Navigate to the following path: C: \ Windows \ Software \ Distribution \ Download.
- Then delete all the files in the folder.
- Now, go back to the service window again.
- Next, pressing the double-clicking, restart Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- And click on Start option.
- At last you have to restart your computer to check that the error is fixed.
2.Run Windows Update Troubleshoot
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a tool for Windows that lets you check and fix Windows Update related issues. You have to follow the steps that has been given below. So that, you can fix the failure to configure Windows updates.
- First, Go to the official website of Microsoft and download the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool from there.
- Now open the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- And then click on the next option to proceed with troubleshooting.
- Now, wait until the problem is resolved in the process, because it takes time to identify and repair error.
3.Install Update in Clean Boot State
In clean boot state, only capable of running the functionality and essential services. You should keep your Windows system in clean boot mode just like you. Below are the given steps that will allow you to update your system in clean boot state.
- Log on as an administrator on your computer system. Press the Windows logo key + R key together and trigger the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig in it and press enter.
- Now select the selected startup option.
- Next, do not load food tick startup items.
- Click on the Services tab, mark All Microsoft Service Box Hide.
- Now you have to click Disable All option.
- Click OK so that you can save the settings.
- Restart your computer and see that your computer is in a clean boot state.
- Now you can update windows.
- In the end, you can enable the first disabled service at one time to find the problematic one if you do not get any error while updating this way.
- Now keep your computer system in normal mode.
- You can choose general startup on the General tab so that you enable all the services listed.
- Restart your computer.
4.Use System Restore
If you are not getting enough help even from the above mentioned methods, try it. You have to restore your windows to the restore point. Follow the steps so that you can fix “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” Error issue by using the use system restore method.
- First, press the right-click to open the properties option on your screen.
- Now, you need to select the system security option.
- Next, Click on System Restore Option.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Now wait patiently for some time.
So, from above, you got the details about 4 different methods to fix “Failure Configuring Windows Updates” error issue, from your windows system. But still, if you don’t get the proper result then you can go to the official website of Microsoft and get the solution for this. If you have any query, thought or comment, you can share with us. And for this, you need to go to the comment section below.