Wondering how to fix server DNS address could not be found error? Well if the answer is yes. Then you better stick with this page.
Fix Server DNS address could not be found error is something that we often get to see when browsing a website. However, this is not some serious kind of issue that you need to take care of. Nor there is anything wrong with your internet connections.
Often we get to see websites that returns with the “Fix Server DNS address could not be found error”. Also let us mention that this issue can be easily fixed by applying some windows hacks. So let’s just go ahead and check the fix out:
How to fix server DNS address could not be found error:
Method 1 – Edit the Windows Host file:
You order to get rid of the server DNS issue, you can edit your windows host file. However the question is how you can do so? Well simply follow these simple steps and you will be good to go:
- First of all click on the windows icon.
- Then search for notepad.
- After that right click on Notepad and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Once the notepad application is opened, click on the file option from the navigation menu.
- Now you have to follow this path : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. You can also copy and paste the path over here:
- Then you have to open the host file.
- Now over here you have to delete everything after the last #sign. To make you understand better here is an example:
- After that save the host file.
- In the end, restart your computer, and you are done.
Now go ahead and check if the website that you are trying to visit coming with the Fix Server DNS address could not be found error or not. If it is still displaying the same errors, then do not get worried yet. Because we have a few more solutions for the issue as well.
Method 2 – Disable Proxy Settings:
You can also fix the DNS issue by disabling proxy settings. Here is how to do that:
- First of all press win key + R. Or you can type run on the taskbar to open the RUN option.
- Once you are on the RUN menu, simply type down msconfig and hit the enter button.
- After that from the navigation menu select the Boot tab.
- Next simply select the safe boot option.
- Then click on Apply and Ok button.
- Now restart your computer.
Once the restart is completed, go to the RUN option again.
- Now type down inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.
- Then from the navigation menu select connections.
- At the next step click on the LAN settings.
- Now Unclick “Use a proxy server for your LAN” Then click OK.
- After that again you have to go to the msconfig menu and uncheck the safe boot option.
- In the end, simply restart your computer and try to access the website.
If everything seems okay, you are done. Else you need to follow the next few methods.
Method 3 – Clear Internal DNS Cache:
Coming to the third method, in this method, we will be talking about how to clear internal DNS cache. Simply follow these options to do so:
- First of all launch Google Chrome Browser.
- Now go to the Incognito mode by pressing ctrl+shift+N.
- At the next step you have to enter this URL : chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar and hit the enter button.
- In the end, click on the Clear host cache button.
- After that, you have to restart your machine and you are done.
Now try opening the website and see if it is working for you or not. If it does not, then do follow the next two methods.
Method 4 – Reset Internet Settings:
- First of all, open the RUN menu by pressing Win Key + R.
- Then type down inetcpl.cpl and hit the enter button.
- After that go to the Advanced tab from the top navigation menu.
- Now click on the Reset button. This will restart your Google Chrome Browser. However for a better guide here is a screenshot:
- Now launch Google Chrome.
- Then go to the Google Chrome Settings, or you can paste this URL: chrome://settings/ on the address bar.
- Then click on the Show Advanced settings options.
- After that click on Reset settings.
- In the end, click on the RESET button and restart your windows computer.
Once done, you should be able to browse the website without seeing the “Fix Server DNS address could not be found error.”
However, if you still end up getting the same error. Then here is the last thing that you can do:
Method 5 – Reinstall Chrome Bowser:
However, this method is not really recommended unless the above mentioned methods do not work. In order to reset your chrome browser, here are the steps that you can follow:
- First of all search for Control Panel.
- Then go to the Uninstall a program.
- Then select Google Chrome and click on the uninstall button.
- Once the uninstall is completed.
- Then you have to go to the C:\Users\%your_name%\AppData\Local\Google\
- Over here select all the files and delete them.
- Once done, restart your computer.
- Then go to the https://www.google.com/chrome webpage and download the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Then do follow all the screen instructions and install the application on your windows computer.
- Once done try to browse the website, and we hope you will not face the Fix Server DNS address could not be found error.
So that was all for your question that says “How to fix Fix Server DNS address could not be found error?”. Now go ahead and check if the above mentioned steps are working for you or not.
If it does not, then there might be a high chance that the website is temporarily down. You can also use some VPN or Proxy servers to check if the website is down or not.
Anyway, if you have any questions, then do feel free to comment below.